Thursday, November 17, 2005

A victim of the Civilization!!

As days passed by in my TYBCOM, in 2003. Like other aspirants I was also eager to join a MBA course that promises me a future of good health. After looking at the advertisements & their promotion techniques I was lured to join IIPM. I gave an entrance exam for which the fees was Rs.1000/-. After giving this exam I realized that IIPM sends invitation letters to all its entrants. So there is no SELECTION PROCESS. It’s just another fund raising formality & the students take it as struggle & pay the examination fees. These exams are for permitting admission to IIPM. I cleared the exams as all of them who appeared for it. I cleared my third year at college. My MBA started in May 2003. I had a brief know-how of the practical world due to my prior work experiences. I double checked the facilities provided to us & my comparative psyche suspected that IIPM was not giving as much as it promised. The IIPM tower at Bandra looks very promising, but the picture is absolutely different. We had a round 180 students in three batches that joined with us. The fee was Rs. 3, 65,000 & what we had to do was spend to learn more. I say that because we were prearranged with 72 subjects in two years, these subjects had their individual projects that cost round about Rs.500 each. Other expenses amounted otherwise.


It was a lot to give for the returns that I got. This is the interesting part that happened to me. We had a tri-semester based exam & there were 14 subjects in the first semester. The exams started with a bang just after 3 months, little time for us to prepare. Exams were cool, but one thing went wrong & I m glad it did. I was appearing for my QT paper, which was followed by another important paper in afternoon on the same day. My roll no in class was 02. I was sitting very near to the platform where the papers were submitted. I managed to finish my paper before time, & when I wanted to submit my paper I called the Instructor to collect the paper. He asked me to leave it at the desk near the platform. I was thinking about by next paper & so by mistake I put my answer sheet in my bag & put the question paper on the Platform, a mistake that could get me into trouble.

Later in the evening when I reached home & opened my bag I found the answer sheet in my bag, I was stunned for a minute. I just thought the worst could be that I fail in the particular paper & I could repeat it whenever next. I did not communicate this mistake to my college authorities thinking that I would be punished for my act. The fear kept my mouth shut. But things were different here at IIPM. VERY DIFFERENT!!! When the results came out later after three months, I scored 63 marks in the paper I Did NOT SUBMIT. I was stunned again… but to my surprise things were going fine in IIPM & little did the Management of a MANAGEMENT COLLEGE realize what a student had learnt about them. This was the major de-motivating factor in my life, I never attended college from that day, I wasted my money & I also lost trust!!! Things could not be straightened as they did not bother & I thought may be my future would be better if I don’t bother these people.

I think Mr. Arindam Choudry does not even know what happens in his management college when he out himself giving management solutions to the world. He has opened colleges in every part of the country, I just feel that he is wasting money & people who wish to make a good career. All he wants is the students’ money. The delivery was fault. His promises are a big lie & all he can do is fool people. He should be exposed & should also be never termed as a MANAGEMENT GURU. He does not deserve it or neither does his college. I wasted around 5 lakhs of my parent’s money, which I’ll earn & reciprocate that amount to them in future, but the trust over education is lost forever. My only suggestion is that these colleges should not be permitted to produce ads that are not based on morals. They attract a lot of innocent people. I know what happened to me is a big loss to me & my family. I finished all my college after this incident but did not attend lectures & my teachers were always curious why I did not attend my lectures, well here is the reason. I gave all my papers & have not even cleared some of them because I lost trust & faith over their built management system. I also withdrew my name from the college placements & started my own little company.

I have understood these management colleges & have also understood that IIPM CAN NEVER THINK BEYOND THE IIM’s…& the Talk the Walk Management Guru Mr. Arindam Choudry, misunderstand his students & fails to stand as a person I looked up to.


AbhisheK .A. Hingorani

2 Comments:

Blogger Mridula said...

I can understand how that happened and this was not at IIPM. You see there are other places like IIPMs.

I invigilated in an exam and the copies were lying with me. After a long time I realized that marks were submitted for that subject and all the while copies were with me. So it happens at other places too, but thank god I am out now and work at a decent place.

The examiner concerned must have looked at the attendence sheet and given the marks. You must have signed the attendence sheet, hence you were given marks, as the examiner must have never bothered to look at the copy at all.

But Vibhas, do you think putting your mobile number online is ok?

2:24 AM  
Blogger Mridula said...

Oh god, I do not know how I got your name wrong. Sorry.

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home